Thinking of buying or selling call 020 8599 9911


Planning Permission for Residential Homes and Commercial Buildings

When you are looking to extend your home or commercial premises, finding the right property consultants or chartered surveyors is the first port of call. Commercial estate agents and property consultants can run you through the program and event schedule process that must take place from the idea to the completion of works.

Extending the living space in your residential home has become easier to do in recent years. The government allowed for premises to expand further and grant planning permissions with more enthusiasm, just as the development market was slowing down.

If we can’t build beyond, then we must build within. In towns like Ilford, Seven Kings and Goodmayes, a lack of brown field sites available for redevelopment meant many residential properties and commercial premises were looking to expand, and still are.

TFK Surveyors operate in the area of the Essex town of Ilford, Seven Kings and Goodmayes. Experienced staff that can deal with an entire range of procedures relating to planning permission and expanding the premises forthwith.

The service you will get at TFK Surveyors stretches many features of the planning permission process. It could be lease renewal, building surveying, management services and planning applications for change of use.

In many commercial buildings, premises may wish to change what the building is used for. In some cases, commercial buildings might want to convert to residential homes. Building regulations need to be read and understood; and permission is even required for simple refurb work.

The areas of Ilford, Seven Kings and Goodmayes are often alive with commercial premises and residential homes where improvisation is requested. TFK Surveyors deal with residential, retail, commercial, industrial and office premises through this region. It also has extensive knowledge of how the market operates.


As well as dealing with planning permission in the commercial sector, TFK Surveyors can deal with lease extensions, collective enfranchisements, solid advice and tribunal representation.

When commercial premises are looking for planning permission or have an outstanding application for change of use: there is often resistance and even tribunal hearings where landlords must attend and defend their applications.


Planning permissions for residential homes involves publication of plans to the local council, dealing with any objections and having technical drawings made up for public viewing.

Public and private sector clients can both benefit from the property consultancy service, particularly where planning permission is being sought or change of use for a building is requested.